So, tomorrow will be my last full day in the United States for, oh, three and a half months. Numerically, it doesn't sound like that much I guess, but that's a
full half (oxymoron?) of the entire
academic year. I'm surprised to say that, aside from the occasional stress stomach ache, none of the expected neuroses have set in. I've been corresponding with some of the people on my program, and that has certainly helped. It turns out that a few girls are on my flight, which means I won't have to navigate Charles de Gaulle all by my lonesome. Stress: ELIMINATED! I packed most of my stuff today and, surprisingly, it fits into my luggage with a bit of room to spare. After all my worrying about not being able to pack efficiently... well, I'm sure I've forgotten something.
I picked up some Euros yesterday in preparation for any incidentals on my way to Nantes. What a strange currency. The bills are all different sizes.
I suppose that's about all for now. My life has gotten quite dull recently -- probably in anticipation for all the excitement of my new life in France! I promise to take some good Molskine notes on my flight and on the train. My next post will be (a) from France and (b) chock full o' details and anecdotes from my rip roarin' journey.
Tally-ho!
OH MY GOODNESS ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING. ;)
ReplyDeleteit happened!
ReplyDeletei found the same to be true when i was packing. when i got here, i realized i had failed to pack a single pair of socks.
ReplyDeletehahahaha! epic. fail. well, at least they sell socks most places in europe (i imagine...).
ReplyDelete